Thursday, 15 March 2007

Beware of Fainting Fits




And that is what my friend Sarah at work said today. She being English and thus funny beyond believe without her being aware of it, decided to keep a record of events. The Event feeling bad after having eaten certain foods. But not liking boring logs, she gave it the Jane Austen twist. And I found this so funny I had to share it with you. As an Austen-holic I can value people that make everyday mundane things funny, or should I say, witty.

ITV just finished their Austen Season and after seeing a horrible Billy Piper play Fanny Price in Mansfield Park (MP) I was happy with the very good Sally Hawkins as Anne Elliot in Persuasion. Still have Northanger Abbey to watch. It's taped and awaiting the right moment.

On the hero's I can say (again) that I was not very impressed with the guy playing Edward in MP and quite liked the Captain in P. Sigh. Jane is my hero really... if only I could write like that. Or another so I could read it. Ah.. dreams dreams.

No comments: