The operating system is Linux (very easy to use!!), but you could install a low spec Windows on it. It has 512 MB memory and a 4 gig hard drive, build in speakers, microphone and webcam. Battery is small and lasts circa 2.8 hours (I find this shorter).

It has build in wifi so connecting to the internet is a breeze. The Linux operating system is very easy to use. I bought this little gem at PC World for £249.99 (circa $500) which is a whole lot cheaper than most laptops. This is because of the size, and it's spec. The EEE is a notebook that falls into a catagory of it's own.
Initially developed for children to use for school and developting countries Asus is finding that here in the richer west the demand for this little beauties is quite high. I had a lot of trouble finding one. This also because I wanted a green one, which seemed to be sold out everywhere, and I didn't want to pay more than £250.

I choose this tiny simple laptop in favour of a more posh powerfull one because of practicallity. This mini baby fits in my handbag (no one knowing i'm carring a laptop) and is great for travel. And so later this week I will test it out as I'll be visiting family and friends back in Holland. :)
I might review it properly at a later date when I've spend more time using it. Verdict so far is a big fat: SUPER DUPER!
No comments:
Post a Comment