Monday, 4 February 2008

Cashmere neck warmer

POST UPDATE:
Pattern is now available in PDF download.
To download the Cashmere Neck Warmer (PDF) simply right click the link and select 'save source as' OR click the link, let the page load and click the 'save' icon on the top left.

Ravelry is great for new inspiration. I spotted the Luxe Neck Warmer from the book Knit 2 Together. Unfortunaltey I couldn't buy the book (need to watch my finances). So I studied the projects I liked and made up my very own version of the neck warmer and as I made it out of cashmere I named it the Cashmere Neck Warmer (original don't you think?).


Very please with the result


I used a stitch from a stich dictionary that is very easy. I knitted it in the round and it's just 3 rows of knitting, 1 row of the pattern. The impact of that one row is great and the result is this very lovely piece that I want to wear every day. It's so comfy and soft. I'm well pleased with it.


detail of the neck warmer


The pattern:

Cashmere Neck Warmer

5.0 mm circular needle (us 8)
3 skeins of Debbie Bliss Pure Cashmere

I used 2 and some left over, total weight of project is 70 grams, which is just under 3 skeins (= 75 grams). This made me able to repeat the pattern for 17 times, but you can make it as long as you like. I placed stitch markers ever 18 sts, makes it easier.

Cast on 90 sts. Place Marker & join. Knit in the rounds following pattern:

1: K all
2: K all
3: K all
4: P2tog 3x, k1 & yo 6x, P2tog 3x

Repeat until desired lenght
K all for 2 rounds
Bind of and work in ends.


Nice and soft

5 comments:

justclaire said...

It's lovely!! I may have to make one for myself :)

AstroGirl84 said...

It's so soft and warm...perfect for winter and also spring! Nice work improvising, looks fab.

Anonymous said...

I am having such a hard time with this (I'm an medium beginner) when I am knitting the pattern row I am ending up with too many stitches (the K1 and YO1 is leaving me with 18 stitches, plus the 3 on either end for the p2 tog ends up with a total of 24 stitches instead of 18). What am I doing wrong?

Suhail said...

Hi TKN,
Thank you for your post. I'm not sure you are doing it right. The stitch pattern should work like this:

A: knit 2 stitches together 3x. This results in 3 stitches.
B: Knit 1 and make 1 yarn over straight after, do this 6x. This makes 12 stitches + the 3 from before is 15 stitches
C: knit 2 stitches together again, again 3x. With the 15 stitches from before this makes 18 stitches.

All I can think of is that you must be doing the K1 & YO1 too often. Perhaps 9 times instead of 6. If you still can't work it out please mail me on

happylivingsupport .at googlemail .dot
com

replace .at and .dot with symbols (must post like this else I get lots of spam as they have bots that search for email addresses in blogs)

Cheryl said...

Aren't you a doll for sharing this pattern! And aren't you brilliant for making it up! Thanks!