Thursday, 31 January 2008

Sweet Cashmere Hat

I love yarn sales! You end up with yarn you have no clue what to do with. The challange is given and must be faced. This time the wicked sale had tempeted me to buy three, yes three, 25 g skeins of different coloured Debbie Bliss Pure Cashmere. These tinsy tiny skeins are good for nothing at all. Unless used together. I tried the Lacy Scarf from the Debbie Bliss Pure Cashmere book (yep also scored in the sale). Didn't work. So I thought of making the ribbed had, without the big over flap, also from the book. It turned out huge. Now I have a big head for a woman, but not THAT big. So I ripped it and then started again. In the end I guess it's not even remotely like the pattern from the book. So I will claim it now as my own. The simple ribbed hat or (as that name is too boring) the Sweet Cashmere Hat!

And this is the result:



The pattern for the Sweet Cashmere Hat!

3 skeins of Debbie Bliss Pure Cashmere (colours used: 14, 13 and 4)
5.5 mm needles

Cast on 86 in pink and join in the round, place marker.
Knit one round
*Switch to second colour (blue), knit two rounds
Switch to third colour (green), knit two rounds
Switch to first colour (pink), knit two rounds*
Repeat from * to * for 12.5 cm (circa 5 inch), finishing with third colour.
Deacreases (keep switching colour ever two rounds):
switch to colour one
k1, *place marker, k2tog, k13* (repeat 6 times), k1.
K all
switch to colour two
K1, *k2tog, k12* (repeat 6 times), k1
K all
switch to colour three
K1 *k2tog, k11* (repeat 6 times), k1
K all
switch to colour one
K1, *k2tog, k10* (repeat 6 times), k1
And so on until..
K1 *k2tog* (repeat 6 times), k1
You now should have 8 stitches on your needles.
Cut yarn leaving at 10 cm (4 inch).
Threat the tail through the remaining stitches and take them off the needles
Before pulling tight I push the tail through the hole in the middle so it ends up on the inside. Then I pull the tail so the gap closes. Now weave in the ends.

Taaaatattatata!!! Your super soft nice cashmere hat. I love it so much I used it for my new blog design. I wear it very often, sometimes indoors as it's super comfy and warm (but not hot). A little luxioury goes a long way!

I'll make this a stand alone download pattern soon :D

1 comment:

AstroGirl84 said...

You just can't appreciate how cuddly and soft this hat is unless you try it on... really beautiful.