Tuesday, 8 January 2008

Protect and Perfect, review 1


Does it really work?


A while back I purchased Boots' No.7 Protect and Perfect serum for the first time. And as I promised (see old P&P blog post) here is the review. The tiny tube is almost finished and I'm very unsure what to make of it. Let me explain...

I don't see any difference whatsoever. None at all. But seeing myself in the mirror every day might change my objectivity. Maybe I look like a baby but because the change was gratual I don't see it. Seriously I think I look pretty much the same. And this review would have conclude here where it not for an incedent that I must mention.

The Friday after Christmas I was off work, but my boyfriend had to go in and earn a living (as they say). So I walked down to the town center to meet him for lunch. At the end of our rendez-vous we popped into the supermarket to pick up some last minute things, amongst them a bottle of french brandy for the christmas pudding. We wanted to light it up that evening to celebrate new year. As his lunchbreak was nearly over he rushed off back to work and I queued up to pay. And then it happend. The boy behind the till subtely signalled a senior cashier. She came over and asked, very politely and understated, for some id. I grabbed my drivers license mumbling that I was 29 years old! She checked (I pointed out my year of birth 1978 and saw her make the mental calculation) and sold me the brandy. I mumbeled something like 'I guess it's a compliment!' and walked home. Stunned all the way. I was told that Waitrose, the supermarket in question, doesn't sell alcohol to under 21's. So that's a nine years difference. Still it's quite a gap and this hasn't happend to me for ages.

Another event now springs to mind. A new colleague thought I was younger too! She mentioned 25. Again that hasn't happend since I probably was 25. The question now arises... is it the Protect and Perfect serum or just plain stupid luck. I don't think I look younger than 29. Four years off is understandable though, but nine?!


New P&P products...


On the basis of these events I've decided to continue the use of the product and when my old creams are finished to try the new Protect and Perfect Day and Night creams too! Who knows I might end up looking 18 again!

Search for Protect and Perfect product on the Boots.com website to find the new products.

1 comment:

kathryn said...

That's very interesting. I've tried P&P serum as well and not noticed any difference at all but my sister used it and there definitely was a big improvement. She's younger than me but we're both a lot older than you. Maybe I'll give it another try as my life has had big stresses just recently so perhaps I didn't give it a long enough trial.