As promised here are some more Podcast favorites. If you haven’t read my first blogpost Must listen podcasts!!! Part 1 yet then please do. In that post you also find instructions on how to listen to these great programs. :D Enjoy!!!
Knit Picks
If you are a knitter I recommend this podcast. It's made by the employers of Knit Picks, a online yarn and pattern shop. I picked up loads of good advice since they started podcasting. Favorite was Episode 14: Keeping Track of Stitches. They gave lots of brilliant tips :D Hooray!
Manic Mommies
They are mommies who go manic every now and then because they wanna do everything and then some! Erin and Kristin present this funny podcast for parents. They juggle kids, careers, life, husbands and households and do this with a humor. From the disasters of going out to dinner with the kids to a discussion how much something would cost if paying with designer shoes.. Erin and Kristin got it. :) Mucho Recommendado!!
Lime & Violet
Miss Lime and Miss Violet are two of the funniest people I’ve ever known. Listening to their podcast is like having a great night out (or in) with your girlfriends. If you are in need of some laughs, crazy situations and Yarn Porn, then L&V will provide this in no small amounts. They address all subject and nothing is Taboo. I really liked the episode where they visit yarn shops to see how they react. Lime being the nice ‘normal’ girl and Violet being a bit ‘alternative’. I’m a big fan of treating everyone decently no matter what their appearence. In short these goofy, crazy, fun girls are a hit!! We loveeeee L&V!!! Also check out their blog: Lime & Violet The Daily Chum..
Sew Forth Now
One of the best sewing podcast I’ve found. The presenter Lori has good tips every time, but also gets guests that are fantastic. She has links to tutiorals and alls sorts. In the end it’s just another good quality craft podcast that you shouldn’t miss if you are a sewer!!
Stash and Burn
If you like giggles and knitting then I must recommened this podcast. It’s one of my favorites and I download it as soon as it becomes available. Then I keep it till I go home or to work. It’s great entertainment for travel. Nicole and Jenny are the presenters and they are GOOD! They struggle with stash, patterns and other knitting related subjects. In short they are like you and me and just discuss their everyday knitting struggles. Should be in your list if you are a knitter!
Inspirational Wednesday
Why did someone ever decide on a five day work week? I tell you that person should be reminded of our suffering for eternity. But now there is a reward if you get through the first half. On Wednesday it arrives in the from of this podcast. The show is filled with great tips, good interview and fun news. The only point I like to make is that you must be able to stomach a great deal of Americanism. Some don’t mind, I think this podcast is good enough to bare it, but the accent is very heavy Southern? American. That and everything is great, fantastic, awesome or fabulous. In short the presenter is a fan of those she has on the show and it shows. :) Still it’s a great way to meet the middle of the week.
Halfway There
A glass can be half empty or half full, depending on your view point and perhaps if you are filling it or drinking the contence. Being a mom is one of the best and thoughest jobs in the world and this Mom is making a podcast out of it. Jessica’s podcast appeals to be because she speaks from the heart. She discusses all sorts of problems with her child in the open and this is great. I really like her podcast and I’m sure I’d love it if I where a mommy. So good listen for non moms and a great one for moms.
Jane Austen Season Audiobooks with ITV1 & Classic FM
I’m so glad to tell you about this podcast. ITV send out three new movies based on Jane Austen Novels earlier this year. As a treat they have these audiobooks for free. They are very abridges, but this is great. I get my full lenght versions from Audible.co.uk and use these short versions for when I have less time and still want to hear the story. Super duper. There are two free stories: Persuasion and Northanger Abbey. The quality is not bad at all!! If you can’t find them in iTunes, go to the Classic FM website for individual downloads. Unfortunaly the Mansfield Park ones don’t seem to work anymore. Maybe everyone was so shocked with Billy Pipers performance in the movie that no one wants anything to do with it. Hihi.
No comments:
Post a Comment