Wednesday, 1 August 2007

Baby & birthday delivery!

It's my best friends birthday soon and I'm sending her some hand made goodies for her unborn child. This means that I can finaly reveal what I've been working on these last few months. So without futher ado here is the line up:



Jelly Beanie with crocheted flower.


The first thing I made is this cute hat for her baby. As no one knows what sex the baby will be picking a colour was hard. I choose this lilac as it will go with blue's and gray's if it's a boy and it will go great with pinks and yellows if it's a girl. The pattern is from Rowan's Bambino Classic and I made it with RYC Cashsoft Baby DK in the colour borage 806.



Reverable bib


Next up I made this reverable bib. As I've said with no idea if the baby will be a boy or a girl I thought this a nice present. I made it a while back but didn't have a soft fabric for the bias trim. Then I found this super soft cotton canvas and I used that to make the bias trim and the ties.




Elizabeth Zimmermann's February Baby Sweater


I also made this cute little February Baby Jacket from Elizabeth Zimmermann's book Knitter's Almanac: Projects for Each Month of the Year. Again I went for a colour that can go with both boys or girls. The green is very nice with soft pinks for girls. And it will also go very well with light blue and aqua for boys. The yarn is Rowan's Cashsoft DK in the colour Lime, 509.

So I put all of them together with some goodies in a big box and this is what she got:

With the pink side up if it's a girl



And with the blue side up for it it's a boy

No comments: