
I managed to snatch one and waved with the hand to everyone that passed. One of the cars was tiny but they had made this big tire on top of it. I swear if it toppeled over it would just roll back down the hill we were standing on. The best was a series of vehicles for a brand of mineral water. They had cars shaped like bottles of water on wheels and they also had trucks that looked like a six pack of water bottles. On top of one was a guy with a water spout spraying the crowds. On the front it said: L’eau Fraicheur or something similar. The cloud of water that came down on the crowds looked impressive, but then he came to spray us it was just a big cloud of very fine water drops and indeed it was very refreshing and nice. We wanted him to come back!

Anyway in the end the cyclist came by. A large group that zoomed up the hill as if it was as flat as any road in the Netherlands (so very flat indeed). They passed very quickly, but it was great to see them go by. I’m sure that if you support one or a team it would be a lot of fun. It’s also fun because of the colours. So many teams mix so it’s like seeing a rainbow move. In short it was great fun and I’d do it again if they pass through my home town. So strange to have the tour pass one street from where you live. Especially as I live in England and it’s the Tour de FRANCE. Oh I mentioned that already. Ah yes I forgot. Well it’s still odd, but fun. So if you ever have the chance go and see!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment